A delicious tradition!
Like a magical dark potion, coffee transports us to an instant where stress stops for a while, and its aroma invites us to think that life is worth to be enjoyed. More people every day are sending-off that myth where coffee contributes to increase anxiety. Well, new studies reveal that natural coffee in moderate quantities every day helps people to keep a lucid memory and physical energy.
At the beginning in Ecuador, coffee was cultivated in Jipijapa area-Manabí province, on 1860. Today people from tropical and subtropical regions have organized associations to keep the tradition and offer the best quality of natural coffee.
Although Ecuador is not a very large country, it has an extraordinary biodiversity that allows cultivating high quality products, and coffee is one of them. Ecuador is exporting its coffee to Europe and North America. But an additional aim is to incentive Ecuadorians to consume their own natural coffee.
There are some renowned producers in Ecuador that work every day to harvest the best treated coffee to people’s delight:
- Cafecom: Is a company that commercializes the green Arabica and Robusta coffee beans. In addition they provide roasted and grinded coffee known as the best in Ecuador.
- Café-ChocoAndes: Despite being native of Ethiopia, Arabica coffee thrives in the mountainous Andes, at the shadow of tropical and subtropical forests (shade coffee). For centuries, coffee has been grown in Latin America Choco-Andean corridor (subtropical forest 2800 feet above sea level), by local farmers.
- Café Fino de Aroma: Their product was selected to join the Gourmet Flavours of Ecuador in 2009; this coffee is grown by associations of small producers of Esmeraldas and El Oro provinces. They make high quality products packaged in exclusive native motif wrappings.
- Café Galápagos: Their plantation is located in San Cristobal Island-Galapagos Archipelago, where the flora is abundant and the coffee plants grow under a forest pavilion. Such balanced ecosystem, offers the propitious condition to harvest an authentic and delicious type of coffee.
- Café-Galletti: Artisan 100% Arabica coffee from Ecuador’s highlands. Social responsibility and environmental protection are goals as important as the quality of their gourmet product. They also offer the exotic choco-coffee (coffee beans covered with chocolate).
Are you amazed by these delights? Find them at Galería Ecuador Gourmet, which opened its doors to offer the best high quality Ecuadorian flavors.
This unique Galleria is strategically located in the midst of La Mariscal, the entertainment district of Quito. Visitors are invited to savor Ecuador’s most exquisite products… A journey trough the finest tastes, smells and textures of this wonderfully diverse country!
Address: Reina Victoria N24-263 & Lizardo García
Phone: 2239469 / 2258440